COVID-19 Announcement - (April 3, 2020)
AANPCB has the utmost concern for the health and safety of the public and our employees, and we are closely following the recommendations regarding COVID-19. To minimize handling of documents and to ensure timely processing, we request electronic submission of applications and documents when possible.
AANPCB Operations. Applications and documents continue to be processed in a timely manner. Access to view the status of an application and other important information is available through your online account on our website www.aanpcert.org. We request inquiries and other communication be emailed to Certification@aanpcert.org as phone lines are not staffed while shelter in place guidelines are in effect.
PSI Testing Center Update (4/3/2020)
- Most PSI owned and operated test centers in the US will remain closed through April 30, 2020.
- Sites will re-open meeting social distancing and CDC recommendations* on Friday, May 1, 2020.
- Some locations are open as state and local mandates allow.
- All test center closures can be found here.
- PSI www.psionline.com provides updates on test center closures, flexible rescheduling, and other important information. Candidates can reschedule up to and including the day of testing at no penalty. In most cases, rescheduling can be done online. If additional assistance is needed, please contact PSI Candidate Support Services at (833) 892-5438.
*PSI policy on the use of facemasks and gloves is based on recommendations of the CDC:
- Candidates will be required to provide their own facemasks and gloves. These will not be provided by PSI.
- Facemasks will need to be removed during check-in process to verify identify and take photo.
- Candidates are responsible for disposing of used facemasks and gloves securely outside of the test center.
NP Faculty: Nurse practitioner program graduates, in accordance with the Criteria for Evaluation of Nurse Practitioner Programs (National Task Force on Quality Nurse Practitioner Education, 2016), must complete a minimum of 500 direct patient care hours. Individual programs will need to determine the extent other educational experiences, such as simulation, meet the remainder of their program requirements. Faculty should confer with their program accreditors regarding proposed changes to the approved curriculum.
NP Candidates: If you are unsure of your program completion or graduation dates, please contact your NP program director or academic dean.