Qualification of Candidates
Family NP and Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
The FNP and A-GNP certification examinations are offered to graduates of accredited graduate, post-graduate, and doctoral level family and adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner programs.
For more detailed information on qualifications, view our FNP AGNP Candidate Handbook.
Emergency Nurse Practitioner
The Emergency specialty certification examination is offered to certified family nurse practitioners who meet one of three eligibility criteria options:ENP OPTION 1
- Minimum of 2,000 direct, emergency care clinical practice hours as a Family NP in the past five (5) years
- Evidence of 100 hours of continuing emergency care education
- Minimum of 30 continuing emergency care education hours in emergency care procedural skills within those 5 years
- Completion of an academic emergency care graduate/post-graduate NP program from an accredited nursing program, OR
- Completion of a dual FNP/ENP graduate/post-graduate certificate program from an accredited nursing program
- Completion of an approved emergency fellowship program
For more detailed information on qualifications for the ENP specialty exam, view our Emergency NP Specialty Certification Candidate Handbook.