ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Learn the business of certification.
- Accurately and efficiently process applications, transcripts, licenses, verification requests, and other
documents received via mail, e-mail, fax, and database.
- Answer incoming multi-line phone system, return incoming phone messages, transfer telephone calls to
appropriate staff, and respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare certificant packets and letters.
- Perform mail shipment activities.
- Perform basic computer skills (e.g., scanning, data entry, word processing, Outlook Mail/Calendar).
- Responsible for the protection, integrity, and confidentiality of customer, database, and company
- Maintain effective AANPCB intra- and inter-departmental communications and external public relations.
- Participate in company quality improvement processes.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to speak, listen, and write in English in a clear, thorough, timely, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. Positive customer
service attitude with a strong desire to assist clients.
- Problem-solving skills (the ability to efficiently meet deadlines, handle difficult situations in the
workplace, and identify solutions).
- Flexibility to adjust one's schedule to meet the demands of the organization and peak times.
- Strong teamwork skills (qualities and abilities that allows one to communicate and work well with others
during projects, meetings, or other collaborations working towards a common goal) required.
- Displays professionalism. Demonstrated self-starter; is reliable, responsible, and dependable; shows
loyalty and concern for the integrity and professional image of the organization and its affiliations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Customer interaction is primarily via email and telephone. Daily interaction with staff and management in a teamwork setting is required. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers; multi-line phone system; photocopy, fax, and mailing equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION* and POSITION TYPE:
- *Non-Exempt Non-Management. Paid an hourly pay rate. Eligible to receive overtime pay for hours
worked over 40 in a work week.
- Full-Time Employees - Regularly work at least 30 hours per week, not hired on a short-term basis.
- Part-Time Employees - Regularly work fewer than 30 hours per week, not hired on a short-term basis.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
Business hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Variable hours may be considered after completion of new hire introductory period. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to meet
peak season demands.
Performance of job duties outside of the typical office setting is not required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an administrative associate.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of software, including current Microsoft Office products, on-line
database systems, and document scanning.
- Experience with multi-line phone system, receiving and routing calls.
- Experience writing email business correspondence that reflects a polished and professional image.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Associates Degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations, membership organizations, nursing associations, state boards of nursing, educational program, continuing education providers, or accreditors.
Work with AANPCB staff.
Works with applicants, NP certificants, educational faculty, professional membership organizations, public, and business vendors.
This position is not responsible for direct supervision of employees. Responsibilities include coordination of work duties and training of employees under the direction of the Department Coordinator or management team. Responsibilities will be carried out in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws.
Perform other duties as assigned. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that may be required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WORK AUTHORIZATION / SECURITY CLEARANCE:
Background check required.
Click here for a PDF version