Practice Exams provide candidates an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the format of the test questions on the AANPCB Certification Examination. It is important to note that performance on the practice examination is not a predictor of whether a candidate will pass or fail AANPCB’s competency-based certification examination. It does not give an advantage over candidates who do not choose to take them and is not the only or preferred route to adequate preparation for the certification examination.
Practice Examination Description
Practice Examinations are offered via an independent, web-based test service via user-friendly, convenient, computer-based administration. Test takers have 90 minutes to complete their chosen practice test.
About AANPCB’s Practice Examinations:
- There are two versions of the Family practice test.
- There is only one version of the Adult-Gerontology practice test.
- There is currently no Emergency practice test
- Both practice exams meet the same test examination specifications of AANPCB’s certification examinations.
- Exam content is based on AANPCB’s test specifications (test blueprint), which may be found online and in the Candidate Handbook.
- Each test consists of 75 multiple-choice items.
- Questions were developed by NP content experts.
- Questions test entry-level competencies.
- Unlike the certification examination results, which are reported in scaled scores, Practice Exam Scores are reported in percentages.
- Test scores are confidential and are not used for certification purposes.
- The cost of taking one Practice Examination is $50 USD.
- Upon purchase, the test may be taken only once.
- The test may be purchased multiple times.
- Continuing education (CE) hours are not awarded for completion of the Practice Exam.
Candidates apply to take the practice examination online at the PSI Learning Academy. Click here to take the practice examination online.
Taking, completing, and passing AANPCB’s practice examination does not in any way result in or guarantee passing the actual AANPCB certification examination. The AANPCB Practice Examinations are not designed to be an assessment tool of one’s strengths and weaknesses, and are not designed to be used as a study guide or as an only source of study.
PLEASE NOTE: There is only one version of the AGNP and two versions of the FNP examination. Candidates should note this if choosing to purchase an AANPCB Practice Examination more than once.
Please be advised that AANPCB staff cannot access the tests or provide answers to the questions on the practice exams. The delivery mechanism for the AANPCB Practice Examinations is independent of AANPCB, therefore, AANPCB staff cannot respond to technical difficulties that may arise during the administration of an exam. Be sure to read the instructions carefully at the beginning of the session. Please contact the PSI Learning Academy at www.psiexams.com for any technical problems associated with taking the practice exam.