Examination Security Policy
Federal copyright law protects AANPCB’s examinations and the items contained therein. The certification examinations and all items on the examinations are the exclusive property of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Certification Board, Inc. Candidates who apply for the certification examination acknowledge that they understand and agree to the following prior to taking the examination:
- Retention, possession, copying, distribution, disclosure, discussion or receipt of any AANPCB certification examination question, in whole or in part, by written, electronic, oral, or other form of communication, including but not limited to emailing, copying or printing of electronic files, and reconstruction through memorization and/or dictation, before, during or after the certification examination is strictly prohibited.
- Disclosure, discussion or receipt of any AANPCB certification examination questions and/or the examination, in whole or in part, on social media networking, in study groups, or by other methods is strictly prohibited.
- Theft or attempted theft of examination content is punishable by law.
- Candidate participation in any irregularity occurring during or after the examination, such as giving or obtaining unauthorized information or aid (e.g., cheating), as evidenced by observation or subsequent statistical analysis, may be sufficient cause to terminate participation, invalidate results of the examination, or necessitate other appropriate action per AANPCB Disciplinary Policy.
- Incidents regarding examination administration security will be reported to the AANPCB Board of Commissioners. Grounds for sanction may be warranted.
- Prometric testing center regulations may be viewed at www.prometric.com.