The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board does not discriminate against an individual with respect to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic legally protected by law. Reasonable and consistent use of non-discrimination and impartiality policies and procedures will apply to all programs of the AANPCB, to include application processes, testing processes, and business operations. AANPCB complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws and policies shall be administrated in a non-discriminatory way. AANPCB business operations includes, but is not limited to the selection of volunteers and vendors, volunteer or staff member conduct, hiring and firing of certification staff, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Examinations will be job-related and developed based on the program’s current role delineation studies and close adherence to the program’s test specifications. AANPCB shall make its services available to all applicants, candidates, and certificants who meet the eligibility criteria as defined in the program’s publically available procedures subject to limitations defined in policy.
Special Accommodations Requests
APPLICANTS REQESTING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS - DO NOT SCHEDULE YOUR EXAMINATION UNTIL AFTER YOUR SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT REQUEST HAS BEEN PROCESSED BY PSI SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS.
All requests for Special Accommodations/Arrangements are processed by our testing vendor, PSI Services LLC. All PSI examination centers are equipped to provide reasonable and appropriate arrangements for applicants with a disability in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, updated 2010. Candidates who wish to request special arrangements because of a disability must complete and fax the Special Accommodation Request Form and supporting documentation to PSI at (702) 932-2666.
Requirements for special arrangement requests
Applicants are required to submit documentation to PSI on the letterhead stationery of the medical authority, specialist, or learning institution that rendered a diagnosis. Verification must include the following:
- Description of the disability and limitations related to testing
- Recommended accommodation/modification
- Name, title and telephone number of the medical authority or specialist
- Original signature of the medical authority or specialist
Procedure for special arrangement requests
- Click here for the Special Accommodation Request Form. It may be found under the "Forms" tab and is attached to the AANPCB Candidate Information Bulletin on PSI website when registering.
- Complete the Special Accommodation Request Form and fax it, along with required supporting documentation, to PSI Special Accommodations at (702) 932-2666. Do not fax the form to AANPCB.
- PSI Special Accommodations will call you back to schedule the examination within 48 hours.
- If you have not heard from PSI after 4 business days, please call (800) 367-1565, ext. 6750 and leave a voice message.
- DO NOT SCHEDULE YOUR EXAMINATION UNTIL AFTER the special accommodation/arrangement request and documentation have been received and processed by PSI Special Accommodations.