Practice Examinations may be used by candidates to identify areas in which further study may be needed in anticipation of taking an official competency-based examination. Practice examinations are an optional assessment tool and not a study guide for a certification examination.
It is important to note that performance on a Practice Examination is not a predictor of whether a candidate will pass or fail the competency-based AANPCB National Certification Examination. Taking the practice exam does not give an advantage over candidates who do not choose to take them and is not the only or preferred route to adequate preparation for the certification examination.
Practice Examination Description
Practice Examinations are offered via an independent, web-based test service to deliver the practice examination via user-friendly, convenient, computer-based administration. Test takers have 90 minutes to complete their chosen practice test.
Practice Exams provide candidates an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the format of the test questions on the AANPCB Certification Examination. It is important to note that performance on the practice examination is not a predictor of whether a candidate will pass or fail AANPCB’s competency-based certification examination. Taking a practice exam is not a requirement to sit for the AANPCB Certification Exam.
Candidates may apply to take the practice examination online at the PSI Learning Academy. Click here to take the practice examination online.
About AANPCB’s Practice Examinations:
- There is only one version of the Family practice test.
- There is only one version of the Adult-Gerontology practice test.
- There is no Emergency practice test
- Both practice exams meet the same test examination specifications of AANPCB’s certification examinations.
- Exam content is based on AANPCB’s test specifications (test blueprint), which may be found in Appendix C of the Certificant & Candidate Handbook.
- Each test consists of 75 multiple-choice items.
- Questions were developed by NP content experts.
- Questions test entry-level competencies.
- Scores are reported in percentages. This is different than the results provided by the certification examination which are scaled scores.
- Test scores are confidential and are not used for certification purposes.
- The cost of taking one Practice Examination is $50 USD.
- Upon purchase, the test may be taken only once.
- The test may be purchased multiple times.
- No continuing education (CE) hours are awarded.
Taking, completing, and passing AANPCB’s practice examination does not in any way result in or guarantee passing the actual AANPCB certification examination. The AANPCB Practice Examinations are designed to be an assessment tool of one’s strengths and weaknesses, and are not designed to be used as a study guide or as an only source of study.
PLEASE NOTE: There is only one version of the AGNP and FNP examination. Candidates should note this if choosing to purchase an AANPCB Practice Examination more than once.
Please be advised that AANPCB staff cannot access the tests or provide answers to the questions on the practice exams. The delivery mechanism for the AANPCB Practice Examinations is independent of AANPCB, therefore, AANPCB staff cannot respond to technical difficulties that may arise during the administration of an exam. Be sure to read the instructions carefully at the beginning of the session. Please contact the PSI Learning Academy at www.psiexams.com for any technical problems associated with taking the practice exam.