Applicants must create an Online Profile to apply for certification. To begin the applications process, click on "Begin Certification" on the Home Page. Paper applications* (located under Forms) are available for use by individuals unable to utilize the web-based application.
An applicant’s first and last name used to create an online Profile:
- Will be the name used on the AANPCB application
- Must be the name used by the applicant to register to schedule an examination with PSI Services LLC (PSI) at www.psiexams.com
- Will be the name that appears on the Eligibility to Test notification sent by PSI Services LLC (PSI)
- Must match the required and acceptable forms identification used for access to a testing center
- Will be the name printed on the Certificate and Wallet Card
The email address used by an applicant to create an online Profile is the email address:
- Used by AANPCB for certification correspondence
- Used by the applicant to register to schedule an examination with PSI
- That a candidate’s Eligibility to Test notification is sent to
Applicants are encouraged to review the Candidate Handbook for the exam they are taking for important information regarding the application process, testing content, and testing procedures.
Applications are approved if requirements for eligibility are met, and required documentation is received and reviewed for completeness. Applicants are not eligible to sit until after the applicant has completed all of the didactic and clinical coursework required in the NP portion of their program.
Candidates are notified when they are eligible to test by email. PSI Services LLC (PSI) ) will send the candidate a registration eligibility confirmation email within 24 hours providing the link with instructions for scheduling the examination in the PSI system online at www.psiexams.com.
Candidates are able to schedule their testing appointment at a location and on a date convenient for their scheduling needs based on PSI testing center’s availability. Candidates are encouraged to make appointments at their earliest convenience to guarantee the desired time and testing site. Applicants who do not test during the 120-day window to test provided will be required to obtain a request from AANPCB to have their Eligibility Identification Number re-set and pay all applicable fees. Candidates found ineligible to have their Eligibility reactivated will be refunded the registration fee less a processing fee.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWAL
Candidates must follow PSI Testing Center Guidelines (www.psiexams.com) regarding rescheduling, cancellations, and withdrawals. It is necessary for candidates to call and speak with a PSI Customer Service Representative at (800) 733-9267 during hours of operation. A voicemail message is not an acceptable form of cancellation.
*PAPER APPLICATION FEE
- A service fee is charged for processing of all initial certification, recertification, retake, or conversion paper applications
- Conversion applications are limited to dually certified ANPs and GNPs requesting to transition to the Adult-Gerontology NP certification