A nurse practitioner who is currently certified by AANPCB may present themselves to the public as a certified Adult, Gerontologic, Adult-Gerontology, Family Nurse, or Emergency Nurse Practitioner. With regards to this, a procedure is in place for consumers and others to bring complaints concerning Certificant conduct. The procedure regarding disciplinary action is located in the Candidate and Certificant Renewal Handbooks.
Causes for disciplinary action include such things as fraud, misrepresentation of the credential, conviction of a felony or other crime of moral turpitude related to professional practice, gross negligence, or willful misconduct in the performance of the profession.
Examination Security Conditions
The certification examinations and all items on the examinations are the exclusive property of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Certification Board, Inc.
Candidates who apply for the certification examination must acknowledge that they understand the following prior to taking the examination:
- Federal copyright law protects AANPCB’s examinations and the items contained therein.
- Retention, possession, copying, distribution, disclosure, discussion or receipt of any AANPCB certification examination question, in whole or in part, by written, electronic, oral, or other form of communication, including but not limited to emailing, copying or printing of electronic files, and reconstruction through memorization and/or dictation, before, during or after the certification examination is strictly prohibited.
- Theft or attempted theft of examination content is punishable by law.
- Candidate participation in any irregularity occurring during or after the examination, such as giving or obtaining unauthorized information or aid, as evidenced by observation or subsequent statistical analysis, may be sufficient cause to terminate participation, invalidate results of the examination, or necessitate other appropriate action per AANPCB Disciplinary Policy.
- All incidents involving examination administration security will be reported to the AANPCB Board of Commissioners. Grounds for sanction may be warranted.
- PSI Testing Center Regulations may be viewed at WWW.PSIEXAMS.COM.